Vøid - Vøid CD
Vøid - Vøid CD
released December 13, 2014
Void are a Spanish band from Asturias formed by the end of 2009. The band members are Nacho (bass and vocals), Quiroga (guitar) and Cesar (drums) and they are one of the reference names in Asturias when speaking of dense, deep sounds.
This threesome define themselves as an "Archaic Doom" band, a style that is strongly influenced by the earlier compositions of the pioneers of Doom (with the ubiquitous Black Sabbath as their main influence, followed by other classics like Pentagram, Saint Vitus , Trouble, Candlemass, etc.) focusing on its origins and delving into rock and metal grounds instead of psychedelic ones. Direct, dark and raw music that also shows traits of more recent bands like Sleep, Eyehategod, Cathedral, Reverend Bizarre, etc.
- All songs composed by Void.
- All Lyrics composed by Void (except for "Unbowed", which is a free adaptation of the poem "Invictus" by Ernest Henley)
- Recorded, Mixed and mastered by Dani G in Estudios Dynamita (April / May 2014)
- The seventh track ("Unbowed" *) is a "Bonus Track" which is an alternative version of the first, sung by a bunch of Asturian rock musicians: Jandro ( Ethiva), Noel Kemper (Gruesome Stuff Relish, Altar of Giallo , Galerna, The Burning Lust, etc), Dani G (DarkSun, Last Days of Eden and Belo y los susodichos), Sergio ( Mercyless and Old Enemies), Manfred ( Amon Ra), Titi (Posession) and Cedi (Space Coyote). There are also some orchestral arrangements by Dani G
- Design and artwork is done by Victor Aguera (Aguera Illustrator), an Asturian artist who has worked with renowned musicians and bands like Amon Ra, Hendrik Rover, Pilgrim Rose, The Punishers, Los Bruscos , etc
all rights reserved